A work queue is simply a list of contacts that need to be evaluated, and evaluators access their work queue via the Evaluate tab in the Quality App. Work queue templates are the mechanism by which you can automatically generate pre-configured work queues.
To help you create work queue templates, the platform guides you through a three-step process;
- Step 1: Assign the agents you wish to include.
- Step 2: Assign work-queue details; (a) Assign an integration filter and look-back timeframe you wish to randomly select contacts from; (b) Assign evaluation quotas for the assigned agents; and, (c) Distribute the resulting evaluation workload amongst selected evaluators.
- Step 3: Confirm your selections and publish the template.
Once published, a work queue template will automatically (and randomly) assign specific types of contacts to specific agents and specific evaluators at specific times.
An Example: You create a work queue template to randomly select 4 "registration" calls each for 5 "new starter" agents once every week. You then choose to distribute the evaluations amongst 2 specific evaluators with the first evaluator assigned 60% of the workload and the second evaluator assigned 40% of the work. You then publish the template with the following outcomes:
- The first evaluator is assigned a work-queue of 12 (4 x 5 x 60%) randomly selected "registration calls" to evaluate.
- The second evaluator is assigned a work-queue of 8 (4 x 5 x 40%) randomly selected "registration calls" to evaluate.
- Together, the two work-queues cover 20 calls to evaluate which would be selected to ensure that all 5 of those new starter agents receive their quota of 4 evaluations per week.
- This template would be used to repeat this process every week until edited or deactivated.
Benefits of auto work queues
The feature is designed to make your life easier, and to reduce bias when assigning contacts to evaluate.
- Save time: Templates automatically publish work queues at regular specified intervals. This can save hours (if not days) of effort for quality team managers who currently have to manually assign evaluations to quality team members and team leaders.
- Increase Trust: With the system set up to randomly assign contacts to evaluate, agents can be more confident that evaluations are not being "cherry-picked picked to catch them out".
- More value: With less time and effort spent organising work and managing those objections, evaluators are freed up to spend more time working on the activities that add value and drive improvement - scoring and using the results to drive effective coaching conversations!!