Why do it?
Empowering agents to occasionally evaluate one of their own contacts is a great way to engage those team members who want to take more responsibility for their own performance, and who want to play a more active part in the quality and improvement process.
It's also a great way to help team leaders to deliver more effective feedback and coaching. Encouraging an agent to self-score and self-reflect based on their own evaluation and observation of their performance can really help to highlight previously unconscious behaviours.
What will agents be able to do?
First and foremost, your plan needs to include system-access for agents for this to be relevant to your operation. If this is the case, by granting agents permission to self-evaluate, you will enable them to:
- Occasionally evaluate one of their own contacts if they wish to.
- Select a manager to evaluate one of their contacts that they feel would benefit from review
- Play an active part in calibration sessions
You'll first need to grant the Evaluate / Calibrate permission to the Agent role. See our guides on managing roles & permissions for more information.
Don't worry - To ensure that agents only ever see their own personal data, we've configured the platform such that if a User with (only) the Agent role is granted Quality permissions, then a number of unique constraints apply:
- Evaluate Permission: If an agent is granted this permission, then they can only choose to evaluate themself, and they will only ever see evaluations assigned to themself. If they choose to invite a colleague to evaluate one of their contacts, then they will only ever see calibration sessions that they have instigated on one of their own contacts.
- View Completed Evaluations: If an Agent is granted access to this table, they will only ever be able to access their own completed evaluations, either completed by themself or other evaluators.
Once the Agent has been granted the Evaluate / Calibrate permission, they'll be able to access the Quality App. From where they can click the Evaluate tab to select one of their contacts to evaluate. In this scenario, you'll notice that the Agent and Evaluator fields are locked down to the agent.
See how to evaluate for more information on the evaluation process
We would recommend that you create a new evaluation mode to enable agent's self evaluations to be published under a mode such as "Self-evaluation" so as to ensure self-evaluations can be filtered out of official reporting. See configuring scorecard labels for more information
Agent requesting someone to calibrate one of their contacts
Once the Agent has been granted the Evaluate / Calibrate permission, they'll be able to access the Quality App. From where they can click the Calibrate tab to select one of their contacts to calibrate. In this scenario, you'll notice that the Agent and Evaluator fields are locked down to the agent.
See how to set up a calibration session based on a contact that has not yet been evaluated for more information