It's sometimes necessary for managers or senior quality analysts to review evaluations before they are published to reports and visible to agents. Examples include:
- The need to check the scores of a newly qualified quality analyst;
- The need to instigate a coaching conversation with an agent on the back of a particularly poor result before it's published so that the agent is adequately supported; or,
- The need for managers to check process and policy specific items which only they can evaluate.
Each operational environment is different - That's why we implemented our Evaluation Review feature - to help support a culture where everyone is empowered to play a part in the evaluation process to ensure accuracy and fairness of results.
In a nutshell, the Evaluation Review feature allows you to send all or only selected evaluations for review before they are published to reports and visible to Agents.
- The Evaluator completes the evaluation and then selects someone to review the evaluation from a list of managers. (The list comprises Users who have been granted system permissions to review and publish evaluations).
- The selected Reviewer is prompted (via a notification) to review the evaluation, speak with the agent if appropriate, edit and/or publish the evaluation to reports. If necessary, the evaluation can also be deleted by the Reviewer.
Configuring Review settings
Before explaining the process in more detail, you need to know about Evaluation Review settings and permissions
By following the navigation prompt, you'll be directed to the following screen
The setting is defaulted to Publish all evaluation straight to reports. If you wish to activate the feature simply select one of two available options:
(1) Send All evaluations to managers for review; or,
(2) Prompt evaluators to choose whether to publish or send to review at the end of each evaluation.
Only Users with the permission to Review & publish evaluations can review evaluations prior to publication
Sending an evaluation for review
If you have configured evaluations to be reviewed prior to publication, then the Publish button at the end of the evaluation screen is replaced by a Continue button.
If you've configured all evaluations to be reviewed, on pressing Continue, the following modal pop-up appears and you simply select the Manager who will review the evaluation. Remember, the list of Users available are those Users who have been granted system permissions to review and publish evaluations. (We've kept it deliberately flexible in this respect).
Please Note: The evaluator of this specific evaluation does not appear in the list (even if they have permission to review)
Alternatively, if you've configured evaluators to make the decision between publish without review or send to a manager for review, then the modal pop-up is similar, but includes the additional option to publish the evaluation straight to reports.
In the second option, pressing the Publish without review button means that the evaluation is published to reports in the normal way. However, on pressing the Send to manager button, a number of system notifications are triggered.
- The Reviewer is prompted to review the evaluation via a system notification with a link to the evaluation embedded in the notification.
- The evaluations scores plus any feedback are quarantined such that the Agent (plus any managers copied into feedback) do not receive any notifications.