To integrate Zendesk Chat successfully with the EvaluAgent platform a customer will need to have an enterprise subscription model for Zendesk. This can be checked by navigating to the subscriptions tab which is located in the 'Account' drop down menu within the 'Zendesk Admin Centre'. This will be controlled by a customers local IT team.
Once the Zendesk subscription model has been confirmed as being the Enterprise version you will then be able to continue the configuration. Within Zendesk click on the waffle menu at top right hand side of the page, as shown below.
You will then be presented with the option to select 'Chat' from the drop down menu.
Once 'Chat' has been selected you will then need to click on the 'Settings' dropdown menu, click 'Account' and then select the 'API and SDKs' tab followed by the 'Add API client' button.
The next step in the process is to fill out the client name, company and the redirect URL. The redirect URL is located within EvaluAgent and the Authentication section of the Zendesk Chat integration menu (as shown in the see 2nd screenshot below). If you do not have the Zendesk Chat integration showing in your Integrations menu then please log a ticket with the EvaluAgent support team - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once all the details have been entered if you then hit create client it will bring up the following pop up box which will populate the client ID and the client secret.
Copy the client ID and go back into EvaluAgent and paste that into the API client ID box within EvaluAgent as shown below.
The Subdomain field will also need to be populated with your Zendesk account name.
Tip: If the address of your Zendesk account was: https://abc-energy.zendesk.com, then you would simply type abc-energy into the prompt-box.
Once you have clicked authenticate you will then see the following pop up where you will click the allow button.
Please Note: You'll need to have the relevant administrator permissions assigned to your Zendesk user profile to be able to authorise an integration.
When you have clicked on the allow button you will then see the following screen confirming the integration has been completed.
When the Authentication has been completed, you'll be directed to configure the Zendesk Chat integration.
- Part 1: Choose how much ticket information will be fetched into EvaluAgent. You have 2 options:
- ONLY fetch the ticket reference and any associated meta-data (E.g. tags); or,
- In addition to this core data, fetch the full conversation thread.
- By choosing the second option, you'll be able to access a copy of the full text of all interactions between customer and agent(s) as an integral part of the evaluation process.
- Part 2: When it comes to evaluating tickets that contain multiple responses, you have 3 options:
- Split multi-response tickets so that each response can be evaluated separately.
- Spit multi-response tickets so that all responses from the same agent on the ticket are grouped together so that each agent's group of responses can be evaluated separately.
- Don't split multi-response tickets and assign the full ticket for evaluation to any one of the agents that have responded on the ticket. By default, EvaluAgent assigns the ticket and any resulting evaluation to the last responding agent but you may change this to any other agent who has responded on the ticket at the point of evaluation.
- Part 3: Decide how long evaluated and non-evaluated tickets remain available in EvaluAgent. Any contacts older than your selection will be purged and permanently deleted from EvaluAgent in line with our secure data storage and deletion policies.
On clicking Save, EvaluAgent will start fetching tickets on a regular (typically hourly) cycle.
Integrations Connected after 2nd August 2022
For any integrations with Zendesk that are set up after 2nd August 2022, we will only fetch tickets that have a status of closed or solved.