A SmartGroup is a custom reporting group that will automatically populate your reporting group with agents based on a specific condition or conditions that you define. For example, all agents whose employment start date is within the last 30 days or all agents whose average quality score is greater than 80%.
Building a SmartGroup
Click on the + New Group button...
You'll be prompted to select either a SmartGroup or a Manual Group. Click on 'SmartGroup' and give your group a suitable name
Next, you'll be prompted build the condition that will determine which agents will appear in your SmartGroup.
- Select the subject of your condition - for example Employee Start Date or Average Quality Score
- Define the comparator you want for your condition - for example 'Less than' or 'Equal to'. These comparators are related to the type of subject you have chose, so date objects will have date related comparators and so on.
- Enter the value to be used by your comparator - for example 80% for the average quality score
You can choose to save your condition here or alternatively add a second level to the condition by clicking the '+ Condition' option
Second Level Conditions
The same condition building process described above applied to this second level of your condition. However, in this second level you now also have access to a new subject called 'Reporting Date'. This subject can be used to timebound your condition. For example:
Create a SmartGroup that reports on all agents whose average quality score is less than 50% over the last 30 days.
Click save to confirm your condition
Assigning Reporting Access
Once you've saved your condition you can determine who will be assigned reporting access to your SmartGroup in the second tab: Assign reporting access.
Please Note: No users (including administrators) are given access to a group by default. You can give any non-agent user reporting access to this group.
Reviewing your group
Finally, on the third tab: Review you can see what agents will be included in your initial SmartGroup and review those assigned reporting access.
It is fine to create a SmartGroup that initially does not find any compatible agents, as agents will automatically be added to your SmartGroup when they do meet the conditions you have defined.
A scheduled check is made every 24 hours for all SmartGroups to validate agents against your conditions. This will refresh which agents are added, remain or excluded from your custom reporting group.
If my SmartGroup condition looks for agents whose Employment Start Date is within the last 30 days. The schedule will check daily to see which agents still pass this condition. There will be three possible outcomes:
- Agents whose employee start date is now greater than 30 days ago will be removed from the group
- Agents whose employee start date is still within the last 30 days will remain in the group
- New agents that have been added to the platform whose employee start date is less than 30 days ago will be added to the group
How Custom Groups appear in the reports
Once your custom reporting group is created, everyone granted reporting access to the group will be able to see it in their reports.
On the SmartView Dashboard, your custom reporting groups are selected exactly like hierarchical organisation reporting groups.
On KPI, Line Item and Category performance reports, a new Custom reporting view is now a selectable option from the highlighted dropdown. Clicking it will give you direct access to any Custom Reporting Groups assigned to you.