What is a Quiz Battle?
Quiz battles are a fun and exciting way for learners to test their knowledge and compete against each other within EvaluAgent LMS.
This feature is perfect for creating a sense of friendly competition and encouraging learners to improve their knowledge and skills of Admin-Approved topics and questions.
Each quiz battle consists of three rounds, with each round containing four quiz questions that both players must answer. The winner of the battle is determined by the player who answers the most questions correctly.
An admins guide to enabling Quiz Battles
Creating topics with questions for quiz battles in EvaluAgent is a simple process that allows you to tailor the game to your users' interests and knowledge. Here are the steps to create your own quiz battle topics:
By following the navigation prompt, you'll be directed to the screen shown below.
- Select the Quiz Battles option in the Tab Navigation to access the quiz battle creation screen.
- Click on the "Create New Topic" button to create a new quiz battle topic.
Give your topic a title that accurately reflects the subject matter of the questions.
Define the amount of time that users will have to answer each question in the quiz battle. This can be adjusted based on the difficulty of the questions.
- Click the "Add a question" button to add an existing question into the Quiz Battle Topic
- Once you've added a minimum of 20 questions, click the "Create topic" button to save your first Quiz Battle Topic
- From the summary screen, click the hamburger menu to activate the topic
- Let the quiz battles commence!
Creating your first battle as a leaner
Once your admin has created the first Quiz Battle topic, and enabled the feature within your account, you'll now see a new "Quiz Battle" option within your MyLearningArea, like the screenshot below. From here you can see the number of quiz battles you've participated in, your rank in the team and how many battles you've won so far. You will also see the button to "Start a new battle"
Starting a new quiz battle
To start a new quiz. Follow the steps below:
- Visit MyLearning Area
- Click the "Start a new battle button"
- Choose who you wish to challenge, and the topic you wish to challenge them
- Start the battle, and answer the first round of questions
- Once completed, your competitor will receive an invitation to join the battle via a system notification
- Notifications are used back and forth each time it is your turn to go
- The winner is the player who answered the most questions correctly.
Once started you will have 48 hours for the battle to be completed.
Do I have to answer the questions at the same time?
Answer: No! When you accept the challenge, EvaluAgent will send you a notification each time it's your turn. This means agents who work in different offices or in different shift patterns can still compete against each other within a 48hour window
Who chooses what to focus on?
Answer: The user who challenges the other user can choose the topic of the questions. This allows players to tailor the game to their interests and knowledge, and makes the battles even more engaging and challenging.
How does the system generate questions for Quiz Battles?
Answer: When setting up the quiz battles feature, you can re-use already existing questions from your question library, ensuring that they are relevant, interesting, and diverse for each available quiz battle topic.
How can I keep topics fresh
Answer: From the Engage screen, click on the existing Quiz Topic you wish to refresh and select the edit option. Here you can add/remove questions to keep it up to date for new battles or delete the topic.