This quick start guide is for customers who are participating in the custom dashboard beat trials. If you are not currently involved in these trials but are interested to find out more about custom dashboards, then please speak to your customer success manager.
What are Custom Dashboards?
You are probably familiar with the existing EvaluAgent dashboard that provides an overview of quality performance. However, you can’t personalise what is shown in this dashboard other than reporting levels, periods and some filters.
Custom dashboards enables you to create your own personalised dashboards that contain the information and key performance indicators that most interest you. You can create multiple dashboards all with a different focus if you wish.
The guide below walks you through the main custom dashboard concepts.
The Beta Process:
Custom dashboards are being released as a beta initially.
We are keen for you to see it, use it and tell us what you think about it. But we would recommend that you don’t rely on it for anything important as we will be adding to it and perhaps taking things away during the beta process.
The types of widget and metrics that you can customise in the beta will be limited, but don’t worry, we will be adding in lots of other widget types and as many metrics as we can find in the platform over the coming months.
You might also experience some minor ‘glitches’ in the UI, like spacing or load speeds. We are busy tracking these all down, but please do tell us about any you find, we may not find them all – and hey, that’s what a beta is for!
In the first beta release you will be able to do the following:
- Create a new custom dashboard, name it and save it
- Create new dashboard widgets (more about these later) and add them to a dashboard
- Displaying your custom dashboards on a large screen
- Change the order your custom dashboards are shown
- Edit your dashboard, change its name or delete it
- Edit your widgets or delete them
- View the properties of a widget
Note: For this beta, only non-agent roles can see and use custom dashboards.
We would love your feedback about custom dashboards during this beta process. So please do tell us what you think works well, what doesn’t and what we could add in the future.
Post all your ideas and feedback on our product ideas portal at: EvaluAgent Feedback (canny.io)
Creating your first custom dashboard
When you first login to the EvaluAgent platform you will still see the current default dashboard. If you have been given access to the beta for custom dashboards you will also see a link above this dashboard enabling you to access the beta.
Click the 'Custom dashboard is now available' link to enter the beta.
Building the dashboard grid
To create a dashboard you first need to build the empty dashboard grid. This blank grid will be the home for all the widgets that will make up your final custom dashboard.
When you first arrive there’s not much to see.
- Click anywhere on the dashboard panel to start building your first dashboard.
- Give your dashboard a suitable name that best describes it for you. The name must be unique if you have multiple dashboards (more about that later).
- Click the 'Create' button to build the grid
- You can save your custom dashboard grid now by clicking on the 'Save Dashboard' button and then return to editing it at a later time or you can start adding widgets to it immediately
Widgets are the components that make up your dashboard. Each widget will be a visual representation of a metric (for example quality score or pass rate) that you define. You can customise your widgets to show these metrics at a reporting level or focus that you choose.
- To add a new widget either click on the ‘+ Add Widget’ button or on the dashboard.
You will now be walked through the widget wizard – a simple step by step process for building your widgets.
Step 1 – decide what metric you want to show
First decide what metric you want to build a widget for
Simply select the metric from the list provided, when selected the right hand panel will display the metric definition, so you’ll know you’ve got the right one.
Step 2 – how would you like to show it
Decide how you want to display the selected metric, just as a number, pie-chart or trend graph for example.
You can also select what appears on your widget and how many squares it will occupy on the dashboard (Large or small).
Step 3 – apply filters
In this step you can really personalise what data your widget will show.
- Select the reporting levels and period – e.g. sales team for this month
- Select what type of evaluations and scorecards are included
Step 4 – set other widget configuration options and save it
Finally give your widget a name and add any extra pop-up information text you want to appear.
- Click save to finalise your widget
- Move it into the position you want – don’t worry you can always change your mind and reposition it later.
Using your custom dashboard
Seeing your dashboard on a large screen
- Click the TV icon to get rid of all the unrequired screen elements to display your dashboard on a large monitor or TV screen.
- Click the double headed arrows to exist full screen mode
Reordering your dashboards
- Drag and drop your dashboard tabs to reorder them. The one on the far left will always be the default one you see when you log in
Making changes to your custom dashboard
Once you have created your dashboard, you can make changes to it at any time.
- If you want to add further widgets, change the position of your widgets or remove any then Click the ‘Edit Dashboard’ button to flip your custom dashboard into edit mode.
- To exit out of edit mode, simple click cancel (if you don't want to keep your changes) or 'Save Dashboard' to save your changes.
To change the dashboard name or to completely delete your dashboard click on the 'Options' button while in dashboard edit mode.
- Edit the name of your dashboard
- Click 'Update' to apply the changes or 'Cancel' to abort changes.
- Click on the 'Delete this dashboard' link to completely delete your dashboard and all the widgets it contains. You will be asked if your sure!
Adding another dashboard
Once you have created your first dashboard, you can add further dashboards that will appear as tabs alongside your original creation.
- To add further dashboards, simply click on the '+ Add Dashboards' option next to your original dashboard to start the creation of your next dashboard.
Accessing widget information
If you hover over the info icon on any widget, you will see a pop-up that shows all the specific information about that widget – reporting level, focus, scorecards etc. This means you don’t need to include these actually on your widget if you prefer the minimalist look! You can always refresh your memory as to what this widget is all about.
- Click on the info icon at the top of any widget to open the pop-up widget information
Editing individual widgets
You can also edit the individual widgets too, simply click on the cog icon in the top right of each widget to reveal the edit slide out. Here you can make changes to how you see these widgets such as reporting levels or what is shown on the widget.
- Click on the cog icon to open the edit widget slide out
- You can switch between the 'Filters' and 'Properties' tabs on this slide out to change the configuration of your widgets
I can’t see the link for the custom dashboard beta?
It probably means that you are either an agent role (sorry its not accessible for agents yet) or your account has not been included in the beta programme. Let us know if you’d like it turned on.
How do I suggest improvements to custom dashboards?
We’d love your feedback and suggestions – so please drop us an email with all your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s coming next?
We will continue to add more features during the beta of custom dashboards and make changes to the look and feel.
Will the final release product look and behave the same as the beta?
That depends on the feedback we get from this beta. But the expectation is that the first production release of the custom dashboard will offer more functionality than the beta and may look slightly different
Will there be other functionality in the future?
Definitely, we have a long wish list of things we’d like to do with custom dashboards and widgets, so expect more enhancements over the coming months
Will we be able to use different metrics in widgets?
Yes, in the beta the available list of metrics you can use is pretty short, but the plan is to add more and more of the platform metrics to this list so that you can build widgets from anything that’s in the platform. We’ll also be adding a little bit of development to all new features, so if there is a new metric available, we’ll make it accessible to add to a widget too.
Will agents be able to use custom dashboards?
For the beta, no. But in the production release we will be offering controls to allow you to choose whether or not your agents can use
Article is closed for comments.