Getting started with Bulk Actions
Put simply, a bulk action enables you to create an action and assign it to multiple users in one go. For example, if you have 10 new starters on your team who all need to complete an eLearning lesson, you can use Bulk Actions to assign the lesson to multiple users in one go, rather than having to create the same action 10x times. Hopefully saving you lots of time in the process.
What do I need to bulk-create actions?
Creating a bulk action follows a very similar process to creating a singular action.
- You must have the permission
Facilitate 1-to-1s & actions
- Assigning an action is related to your reporting permissions.
How do I bulk assign an action?
- 1. Go to ACTIONS & 1-TO-1 > and click New action. From here, you can create an action
- 2. Select who the action should be assigned to. This could be all users, a group of users, or multiple individuals from across your organisation.
- 3. Detail the action you wish the user to complete (ie: an eLearning lesson, or learning path)
- 4. Add a description and due date for when the action needs to be completed by (optional)
- 5. Click "Create actions"
- 6. A pop-up will ask you to confirm that you are sure you wish to create and assign multiple actions
- 7. If we anticipate EvaluAgent may run into an error when assigning these actions, you will be given a choice as to how you wish to proceed:
- Continue = we will assign the actions to everyone we can, and ignore those that the system has flagged in the warning message.
- Edit = this gives you the ability to fix the error (ie: ensure they have access to eLearning) or remove those users from the action before continuing with the process.
- 8. We start creating and assigning the actions. You'll know when the job has been finished by seeing a green success message on the page straight away or receiving an in-app notification should it take us a couple of minutes to process.
Q: Can a user be added to the same bulk action more than once?
A: Don't worry, we've handled this for you. If a user is selected individually and is already part of another selection (eg: a group), the action will only be assigned to them once.
Q: I can't find a user in the dropdown list?
A: Ask your admin to check the user is an active user. Actions can only be assigned to active users. Secondly, they need to check your reporting permissions within User Management, and Custom Reporting Groups. If you believe a user should appear in your list but doesn't, please contact support.